SenecaGlobal is a Great Place To Work Certified Organization among top 50 Great Mid-Size Workplaces. More details at https://www.greatplacetowork.in/get-certified/certified-organizations/#mid-size
Job Title: Technical Project Manager
Job Location: HYDERABAD
This role requires the candidate having good technical, communication and persuasion skills with strong leadership qualities. S/he exhibits superb analytical, problem-solving and innovation skills to resolve a wide variety of project management and technical challenges. S/he would take a complete ownership of timely and quality delivery of complex projects.
The role entails the full software development lifecycle of understanding requirements, analysis, design, development and testing. This position will require the candidate to lead a development team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. We are looking for a passionate technical project manager who has experience in developing enterprise-grade Angular/Java/Mobile applications.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Manage client expectations, build and maintain strong working relationship with the US based client. Ensure very high client satisfaction level. Sets and manages client expectations, handling issues in a tactful manner.
- Manage multi-function project teams with at least 10-15 team members including Architects, Sr. Developers and QA. Sufficient level of technical background to provide credible leadership to the software development teams.
- Accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risk and issues, and puts into place appropriate mitigation plan.
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with the client, identify dependencies and create Release/Sprint plans.
- Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, tools, etc.) required to complete the project.
- Able to guide the team through the development, testing and implementation stages and review the completed work effectively
- Provide direction and technical expertise in design, development and systems integration
- Able to make quick decisions and solve technical problems to provide an efficient environment for project implementation
- Define and implement process/ software engineering practices for the project and constantly bringing in improvements based on changes as and when required. Determine the project goals and metrics upon which the project will be evaluated periodically.
- Foster a culture of innovation and learning within the team for usage of tools to improve productivity.
- Track and monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure that the project deliverables are on time, first-time-right.
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards.
- Ensure high employee satisfaction through rewarding the right behavior, recognizing efforts and great performance and ensuring people enjoy a healthy work environment.
- Ensure "honest and respectful" feedback is communicated to all team members periodically and a culture of frequent 1:1s exists within the project.
- Mentoring and supporting team members to improve and grow up the value chain. Foster a culture of continuous learning within the team.
- Identify technical training needs for the team and arrange/provide technical training when required
- Demonstrates fairly accurate decision making skills and conflict resolution on matters of people, time and client satisfaction. Managing conflict and ability to resolve with minimal intervention of the management and escalation from client or team.
- Build project specific collaterals as per the needs of the organization
- 8+ Years of total experience in Angular/Java/Mobile and related technologies, and 6+ Years of Agile Project Managements (SCRUM) experience. Prior experience in setting up and or managing multi-disciplinary offshore teams is essential.
- Solid understanding of Agile software development methodologies. Expert knowledge of Agile and traditional project management principles and software engineering practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.
- A proven track record of successfully implementing web development projects using Agile engineering practices including 3+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams. PMI - ACP preferred.
- 5+ years International exposure specifically US based clients.
- Proficient in handling the most complex of technical development concepts, latest software tools and technologies, strong database concepts and designing techniques.
- Possesses good knowledge of different software systems, client/server architectures and various compatibility requirements.
- Should have deep knowledge and understanding of the Angular/Java/Mobile and emerging technologies; and ability to solve problems in coding, testing and deployment.
- Experience in troubleshooting, software development processes and ability to understand and implement client requirements.
- Strong Communication Skills. Should able to work independently and manage over all communication. Improve communication between Delivery teams offshore and onsite, within the teams, between Delivery and Support, and within Delivery and Account Management/Sales.
- Excellent collaborative & business/organization building skills, including the ability to lead by influence, and drive overall strategy and vision for the account.
- Deep knowledge of Delivery and Account Management. Advanced general management competences including analytical problem solving, client focused innovation, passion for quality, project management, strategic insight and technical excellence.
- Strong operational knowledge and ability to understand operational metrics and solve operational and business problems.
- Experience in building and managing team of highly experienced technologists. Strong people management competencies including excellent team building and motivation, performance and career management and demonstrable leadership development for senior level direct reports.
- Demonstrate ability to work in an ambiguous environment; able to accept change in a dynamic environment and be able to adjust priorities;
- Must be able to think outside the box, pragmatic, able to voice and effectively communicate opinions; great listeners and detail oriented.
Experience: 8-12 Years
Qualification: BTech/BS/BE/MTech/MS/ME from a reputed engineering institute
Contact Email: India.firstname.lastname@example.org